Heron Island Visitor Information
Regular flights are available from all Australian capital cities to Gladstone (GLT) with Qantas & Virgin Australia. Gladstone is a 1 hour and 20 minute flight from Brisbane (or a 6 hour drive from Brisbane). Australian residents can check with TravelOnline for the best available airfares.
Arrival: Flights into Gladstone must arrive no later than 12.40pm. A coach (additional cost) departs Gladstone Airport at approximately 12.40pm to connect with the launch. Guests making their own way to Gladstone Marina, must arrive no later than 1.30pm to check in for the boat. The launch departs Gladstone Marina at 2.00pm on selected days and arrives Heron Island at approximately 4.30pm.
Departure: Launch transfers depart Heron Island at 10.00am. Arrival into Gladstone is two hours later and coach transfers to the airport are available from 12.15pm. Connecting flights must depart from 1.45pm or later. To fully confirm launch transfers, arrival and departure details for Gladstone must be advised.
**Timings are subject to weather and tides. Heron Island does not accept responsibility for flight delays or flight schedule changes.
Car lock up facilities at Gladstone Marina: Security car lock up facilities are available at Gladstone Marina. Please see Voyages staff at the marina on arrival.
Beaver Requires a minimum of 4 guests and has a total of 6 seats.
Note: Beaver can depart from Gladstone Airport and land in the water adjacent to Heron Island, therefore no transfers will be provided. Flight time to/from Heron Island approximately 25 minutes.
Important Note: Not recommended for people with serious mobility issues as both aircraft have a very short step ladder (3 steps up)
Baggage Allowance: Please note a luggage restriction of 15kg per person (soft suitcases preferred) including hand luggage applies at all times and passenger body weights are to be advised at time of booking due to strict weight limitations on each flight. For further information regarding seaplane flights, please speak to one of the Reservations Consultants.
The Resort Shop and boutique stocks clothing, souvenirs, confectionery, magazines, newspapers, toiletries and voltage adaptors (voltage on Heron is 240V A.C.)
What to bring to Heron Island
Casual resorts wear for daytime and smart casual for evenings. Also include suitable footwear for beach and island walks.
Tips for travelling to Heron Island
- Check in time is 2.00pm. If you are arriving on a flight before 2.00pm, we recommend that you carry a 'day bag' with swimming costumes etc. Change rooms and shower facilities are available in the Departure Lounge
- Credit card details will be required on arrival to set up room charge accounts. All major cards accepted.
- Reception Hours 8.30am - 7.00pm
- Complimentary guest laundry and ironing boards (powder can be purchased from the resort shop)
- As Heron Island is a National Park and a prime nesting ground you will expect to see bird dropping and hear birds chirping. Ear plugs are available from reception.
- If scuba diving is on your agenda, please bring along a medical certificate, or if more advanced proof of diving certification is strongly recommended.